Friday, October 5, 2007

Week 4 #8 & #9 Thoughts on RSS Feeds

Well I've set up the Bloglines account and added some feeds from the sites which have feeds and I can see that it would be useful to manage all the information you might want to access on a regular basis from the internet as it allows you to use one site rather than several to do that. However I still come back to the concern that to do this you are spending so much time in front of a computer and there is so much more to life than a computer. I can see that if you had a news group where everyone was discussing a particular topic that this would be a way to do this without having to have a face to face meeting and would certainly be useful if you all lived along way from each other or if time was short. I don't know that this is something I would use on a regular basis. Having looked at some of the search tools to find feeds my head is reeling. There is so much information and you wonder about the privacy associated with feeds. Google blog search like google seems very easy to use but very broad in it's coverage whereas some of the others are a bit more specific. Finding time for all of this is very hard to do but I guess I've made a start.

No comments: